How to have a Successful Photoshoot with your Significant Other
Whether it’s for your engagement, your wedding day, or just for memories, having a photoshoot with your loved one is a great way to memorialize your relationship and save the photos as a keepsake. Before you have your photo shoot, there are a couple of things that need to be decided beforehand in order to ensure that you have the most successful photoshoot possible.
Location, location, location
- Before anything else, you need to decide where you and your partner would like to take the photos. While many photographers have their own studio, opt for your home or a special, significant place if you want to add a personal touch. Perhaps where you got engaged, where you had your first date or a prime location in your area.
Pick the Right Time of Day
- Depending on where you’ll be shooting, you’ll want to ensure that you’re shooting during the right time of day. If you’ll be shooting inside with lots of windows available, think about the right time of day when the sunlight will be perfectly let in. If you’re aiming to shoot with a sunset, make sure you check the time the sun is supposed to go down and that you pick a location with an ample view of the sunset in the background.
Pick the Right Photographer
- Before anything, you and your partner need to decide on the photographer that you’ll use for your photoshoot. Many photographers work differently, and each adds their own aesthetic to the photos. In order to ensure you and your partner pick the right photographer, go through previous work and read their info page. Find out if your photographer prefers candid or more posed shots, if they’re willing to travel and if they offer any props that you’d be willing to use in your shoot.
Think About What You’re Wearing Underneath Your Outfit
- While it’s important that you and your partner coordinate your outfits for the photoshoot, it’s also equally important that you feel comfortable in what you’re wearing underneath the outfit. It’s no secret that if you feel comfortable in what you’re wearing underneath, you’ll look more confident and comfortable for your photos. If you’re planning on wearing figure-hugging clothing, make sure that you wear a bra that won’t expose any lines or wires. The online company, True & Co. does exactly this as they create bras that embrace your shape with many of them being wire-free. There’s nothing like having a good support system for the girls to help make a successful photo shoot. Along with a supportive bra, many women also choose to wear shapewear underneath their outfit as it helps to smooth and shape your body while also keeping all its and bits contained. This will give you some peace of mind when taking photos.
Have a Developed Concept
- Before the day of the photo shoot, it’s important that you and your partner have come to an agreement on the look and feel you want to achieve for your shoot. Do you want to evoke a romantic vibe, a high-fashion vibe or a cozier vibe? Do you want posed or more natural photos? With all the different angles that you can take, it’s helpful for you and your partner to look at plenty of photo inspiration beforehand to settle on ideas. This not only puts you and your partner on the same page but also helps your photographer in knowing exactly what you’re looking for.
What are some of your tips for making a successful photoshoot?